– Courtesy of Cooking with Green Tea
A healthy and simple way to make a chicken stock. This stock has less fat and more flavorful.
- 6 cups green tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 inch) ginger root chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Place the green tea leaves in a large pot. Add the boiling water and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes. Discard the tea leaves. Heat a wok over medium heat and coat it with the oil. Add the ginger, garlic, and green onions and sautee until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken. Sautee until the chicken browns, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken mixture, chicken broth and corn to the tea. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. Season with white pepper. Strain the liquid through a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Let cool. Pour stock into a container and refrigerate or freeze.